l

March 9, 2010

Snippets of my mind ....

What follows are just some snippets of what i've written.
Most aren't completed, but I kinda like them the way they are right now.
They represent a lot of where I am ..... 
Unfinished.
A work in progress.
Stagnant.



Baby hold on to me
Wrap yourself around me tight
Baby hold on to me
All through this dark night.

 ************


What do I have to get me through these sleepless nights?
What do I have to get me through the loneliness of dark?
What do I have to hold onto when you’re not here to hold me tight?
What do I see in this blackness?
The only thing that gets me through is what I feel ….
And all I feel is you.

 ************
You’re my flavor:
Sweet
Tangy
Salty
Sour
Bitter
Velvety
Smoky

************
In the middle of the night, when I’m searching for a light,
My gaze finds the brightest midnight star, and there my love, you are.
For you are the light that leads me to the place where I find peace.
Standing beneath that midnight star, so far from where you are,
My body and soul longs for the day, when it comes our way.

5 Comments:

At 3/9/10, 9:55 AM , Blogger The Savage said...

I hate getting and awesome stanza down then my mind goes blank. I have poetry literally took 3 or 4 years to write because I finally find a place for the misplaced snippets.... I even have stuff from nigh on 16 years ago in high school....

 
At 3/9/10, 10:38 AM , Blogger Walker said...

You sound overwhelmed with thought and emotion.
Time for a bakation

 
At 3/9/10, 11:26 AM , Blogger Heff said...

You sure Eddie Money didn't write that ?

 
At 3/9/10, 12:29 PM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

Savage: I have more too! lol
I get too lost in my own head sometimes, and the words just won't flow.
16 years eh? You're just a wee babe.

Walker: Overwhelmed? ME????
Hmmm .... maybe. ;D
I DO need a bakation.
Soon .....

Heff: Whatever will be will be ....

 
At 3/9/10, 2:37 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

You ok? You spotting? Feeling oogy?

 

Post a Comment

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here .....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to me?