l

February 20, 2007

I am closer

"I'm trying to tell you something about my life
maybe give me insight between black and white
and the best thing you've ever done for me
is to help me take my life less seriously
it's only life after all
yeah

well darkness has a hunger that's insatiable
and lightness has a call that's hard to hear
I wrap my fear around me like a blanket
I sailed my ship of safety till I sank it
i'm crawling on your shores"



Our local newspaper has a tag line, motto if you will .... "The Story of You".
I've been giving it quite a bit of thought lately.
What IS the story of me?
Where exactly would I begin the story of me?
It could be from the literal beginning, but would that accurately capture the story of me?

Where to begin ....
The further I dig, the closer I am to finding my story.


So, What's the story of YOU?











*The photo is Etain, a Celtic Moon Goddess that I identify with, for so many reasons.

Etain, whose name literally means "shining one," was a Celtic moon goddess, the second wife of Midir, king of the underworld.

Midir's first wife, Fuanmach, was jealous of Etain and turned her into a fly. Falling into a glass of wine, Etain drowned. She was reborn and married Eochaid, a fertility god. Midir challenged Eochaid to a game of chess; the result was that Etain must spend half her year underground and half on earth.

Etain is especially a symbol of fertility, of the vitality and life of all growing things. A goddess familiar with both life and death, she teaches that wherever we are, on earth or in the depths of the underworld, we too can be shining.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here .....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to me?