l

May 27, 2011

Let freedom ring .....

It's another sad day for we Americans.
In my opinion.
I have stated here on MANY occasions my anger and loathing of The Patriot Act.
However, Congress doesn't seem to agree.
They have voted to renew The Patriot Act  provisions for another 4 years.

I'm not naive, I know the world in which we live.
But really?  It's been this way for as long as I can remember (I am currently 42).
Terrorism has always been around in my lifetime.
The major difference?
It's happening on our soil now.
So how do we react?
Strip away the freedoms that far too many men, women and children gave up their lives for.

This weekend we honor those very people that lost their lives while in the service of defending OUR country.

I hope they understand ......
























"The state of the nation - violation!
A broken promise is as good as a lie

The hell is humongous, the devil's among us
And we will burn because we won't unite

We won't witness anymore freedom
What does anybody do we need 'em?
I would rather fight than let another die
We're the problem but we're also the solution

All hope is gone

If you want you cannot take it from me
If you think you can you still don't know me
Let me tell you, when I said it I meant it
And I will always have the right to defend it

Fifty seconds, a hundred murders
The bill of rights is a bill of sale
What will you do when the war is over?
What will you do when your system fails?"
      ~ Slipknot, "All Hope Is Gone"

8 Comments:

At 5/27/11, 12:57 PM , Blogger Walker said...

It's a world filled with fear and those who use it as a weapon are winning when we succumb to it with things such as the patriot act.

It's meant to protect people supposedly but at what cost and for whom.
You either sell your soul to the devil or kneel down and suffer the consequences if you don't.

 
At 5/27/11, 1:22 PM , Blogger The Savage said...

It's like Nazi Germany but with voting "rights"...

 
At 5/27/11, 2:23 PM , Blogger Buffalo said...

Very well said. Perhaps someday they will erect a shrine where the last breath of freedom was breathed.

 
At 5/27/11, 3:45 PM , Blogger Heff said...

Ah, it ain't THAT bad.....YET.

 
At 5/27/11, 9:42 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

I guess getting a new President didn't mean much.

Have you flown recently? I was x-rayed last time. Booo.

 
At 5/28/11, 6:53 AM , Anonymous daisyfae said...

and the security theater in airports will continue...

 
At 5/28/11, 9:43 AM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

Walker: Fear is indeed a very powerful weapon, and very much abused.
I would rather suffer than sell out.

Sav: And the 'sheeple' just go right along with it.

Buffalo: Well, she ain't breathed her last breath yet ... and I hope she never does.

Heff: You don't think so? Have you traveled anywhere lately? Even domestic travel is getting beyond ridiculous!

Boxer: New President, same story.
I haven't flown, but I deal with crossing the border at least once a month, and believe me, it's getting worse.
I believe i'll have full body cavity searches soon.

Daisy: Continue and get more stringent.

 
At 6/2/11, 8:16 AM , Blogger Spider42 said...

Noble sentiments that folks across the globe will likely echo in their own way and feel just as you do.

Cheers...

 

Post a Comment

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here .....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to me?