l

January 5, 2012

Unexpected BLISS .....

On an unseasonably warm November day, I returned home from work and found a package in my mailbox.
I wasn't sure what it was ..... but when I saw who sent me the package, I was VERY excited!

I sat down in my favorite chair with a pair of scissors in my hand and opened up my parcel.
I opened up the box, sifted through the layers of paper, and this is what I found:










My very own DAY OF THE DEAD SKULL!
Handmade by THE totally Fabulous BOXER!

I was so overcome by her thoughtfulness I sat and cried.
Not just a few tears.
I had one of those soul cleansing, body wracking cries.

It felt good.
Better than good.

I have since placed him on the altar for which he was intended ....










He's right between my Mother and my Brother ....
Right where he belongs.










(The entire Altar)


Thank you Boxer ..... your thoughtfulness, generosity and friendship mean more to me than I can adequately express!
YOU are a big part of my bliss!


Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 1/5/12, 10:29 AM , Blogger Heff said...

Really cool.

Boxer's good at that stuff :)

 
At 1/5/12, 10:31 AM , Blogger morningstar said...

looks very good :) I taught my kiddies about the Day of the Dead this year - wish I had had a skull like that (green eyed monster here)

take care of yourself kiddo

 
At 1/5/12, 10:46 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

Awwww, thanks for being there for me for nearly five years and for thinking it was something worthy of placing amongst your alter. :-) This post made me cry and I love the song. xoxoxo

XOXOXOXOX

 
At 1/5/12, 7:22 PM , Anonymous daisyfae said...

my blog buddies are fabulous -- and Boxer rocks it!

what a very cool gift!

 
At 1/5/12, 7:46 PM , Blogger Sharon Rudd said...

An awesome gift! From an awesome friend! You're right - blogger friends ROCK!

xoxo, eggy

 
At 1/6/12, 12:07 AM , Blogger Walker said...

Now that, is a collectable from a well known artist and most importantly, a friend.

 
At 1/6/12, 1:55 PM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

HEFF: It's pretty sweet and Boxer is all KINDS of Awesome!

MORNINGSTAR: I remember you posting about it! He really is wicked cool!

BOXER: Worthy? Step away from the vodka darlin, this skull is AH-MAZING!
And so are YOU! xxx

DAISYFAE: She most certainly does!
I was totally NOT expecting it either, and that makes it even more special!

EGGY: Dysfunctional as we may be (we so are), I wouldn't give up my bloggies for ANYTHING!

WALKER: It's priceless ... just like all my friendships! (yours included!) =)

 

Post a Comment

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here .....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to me?