l

June 12, 2007

Atlantis

One of the things I love the most about where I live in Florida, is being able to watch the Space Shuttle launch. I have seen daytime launches, night time, and this past Friday, a twilight launch. It is one of the most amazing and awe-inspiring things I have ever witnessed.
I do like to go over to the coast and watch them as you can hear and feel the rumble as it takes off, but lately? I enjoy it from my home. I watch the actual take-off on TV, and then walk out to my driveway and watch it hurtle through the sky upward on onward.
I'm not sure if the shuttle take-offs are such a big deal to the rest of the country, but to me, they will always hold my fascination.

Especially now that NASA is doing away with the shuttle program.
There are approximately 10 more shuttle missions scheduled, with the last one sometime in 2010.
I know that progress must move forward, and maybe what comes next will be more exciting than watching the Space Shuttle, but I will miss it.

I will always remember Space Shuttle Challenger and Space Shuttle Columbia.
Sorry, this post has wandered from where I originally started, so I will end it with this:
A video clip I found of the launch from someone who was on the coast.
I hope y'all enjoy it!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here .....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to me?