l

September 10, 2010

Shit disturber .....

That is I.
Trouble maker ...
Shit disturber ...
Mouthy ...
Opinionated ...
This is me .... and then some.
I work for my local school district, and I belong to a union.
Management was attempting to pull a fast one and circumvent our contract.
I say attempt.
I didn't allow it to happen.
I couldn't.
I can't get into specifics (the little things).
Just suffice to say, I stood up and am standing my ground.
I'm not a pro-union kind of gal, but I do believe that our contract needs to be adhered to.
If I have to, so does management.
I made many enemies in a VERY short amount of time.
Will it be worth it?
I believe so.
I know what our Supervisor is trying to do, and so far he has had little to no success.
He WANTS to break our union.
We're pretty big .... and strong.
He wants total autonomy.
But that's not how it works.
As I said, I have made many enemies in a short amount of time.
It's going to be a long year.
(nothing that a whole lotta rum/vodka can't cure!)
Is it June yet?
No?
*sigh* .... it's ok, it's still Friday.
Blessed be!

4 Comments:

At 9/10/10, 12:32 PM , Blogger Walker said...

What you are doing is standing up for your rights and your contract.
The union should stand by you if they have any balls and may I suggest if you want to disturb shit to use a stick.
A big one like sheriff Buford would have used

 
At 9/10/10, 12:55 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

You're our Norma Rae, huh?

It's important to stay true to who you are, even if it means making enemies along the way. Not easy, but in the end, worth it.

Have a good weekend. You've earned it.

 
At 9/10/10, 8:24 PM , Blogger The Savage said...

The only union I'd support is the teacher's union...

 
At 9/11/10, 8:49 PM , Blogger Heff said...

Do da right thang, gurl.

 

Post a Comment

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here .....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to me?