l

November 7, 2010

Turn away ....

You say all the right things,
but there's a wall.
It's almost imperceptible ....
But I 'see' it,
I feel it.

I want to believe your words.
But I fear I do not.
I want to believe your actions.
As actions do speak louder than words,
But your actions more so mimic my thoughts.

You want to believe your words as well.
But you do not.
You try so very hard;
You're halfway convinced,
But mostly, not.

So now what?
Where do we go from here?
Can this 'wall' be removed?
As much as i'd like to think it so, I fear it cannot.
I am too old to wait for you to see what I offer.
I am too stubborn to settle for less than I deserve.

I can't keep lying to myself.
I can't keep pretending that this thing will go away.
I can't keep wishing that it was different.
I can't keep looking into your eyes and do what I must,
Turn away.

8 Comments:

At 11/8/10, 4:47 AM , Blogger The Savage said...

hugs

 
At 11/8/10, 5:27 AM , Blogger morningstar said...

well that doesn't sound good at all :(

I'm an email away - you know

morningstar

 
At 11/8/10, 8:25 AM , Blogger Walker said...

Dental appointment?

 
At 11/8/10, 12:12 PM , Blogger Heff said...

This CAN'T be good.....

 
At 11/8/10, 12:30 PM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

Awww ..... aren't you all so sweet?
Seriously, I thank you all for your concern, but i'm fine.
Really.
Jack & I are still very happy and very much in love.

This was me doing some mental house cleaning. lol
You know, you get a reminder of the past, and *BAM* everything comes flooding back; good, bad, indifferent.
This was my way of exorcising it out of my system.

I love y'all so very much and it warms my heart to know that I have such caring friends.
*sniff*

 
At 11/8/10, 6:56 PM , Blogger morningstar said...

loving friends???!!! IF you were closer I would so slap you!!!! LOL

glad all is well between you and Jack - next time a little note to that effect might help ya know

morningstar

 
At 11/8/10, 9:38 PM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

Morningstar: You know i'd like that slap! ;D
Yes, I believe a note would have made a difference .... but honestly? It didn't even occur to me until Jack asked me if that was his Dear John letter.

Yeah ... I suck. lol

 
At 11/8/10, 11:25 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here .....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to me?