l

September 24, 2008

Saying goodbye ......

I know it's been a while since I posted last.
I'm still trying to get myself and the boys settled.

Over the Labor Day weekend, the boys & I went to my brother's property to enjoy a loooooong weekend of traipsing through the woods, riding 4-wheelers, sitting by the campfire, drinking adult beverages and just *sigh* ..... Breathing.
Something about being out in the woods and taking in all the wildlife just makes me feel so ...... calm.

This was a special weekend as we decided to say a final good-bye to our brother Lance.
A couple years back, my oldest brother designated Lanny's favorite hunting spot as "Lanny's Lookout" and spread part of his ashes there.
I was the only one who hadn't been back there, and the only one left with ashes.


The spot itself is gorgeous, and I apologize now for not getting a better picture of the gorge, but trust me, it is a spectacular sight.

Afterwards, we drank a toast ..... to him, and to all of our loved ones who are no longer with us.


It was quite an emotional scene, and one that I won't soon forget.
It's taken me a while to get myself back together after his death, and if truth be told, I'm still
not "together". I'm just managing better these days.

Not to be outdone, Boy Genius decided that since he can't legally drink a toast to the memory of his deceased loved ones, he would plant a tree instead.
That kid just amazes the hell out of me sometimes.
They all do.


The weekend was warm, the sun was shining, and for the first time in a long time, I felt at peace.


And that, as a very good friend is oft to say, is a shining thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here .....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to me?