l

September 7, 2009

The aftermath .....

The basement has been removed of everything.
Nothing was spared.
It was all contaminated.

It was heartbreaking.
My Mothers things.
My Grandmothers things.
My Brothers things.
What was left of lives once overflowing with life.

Stuff.
Accumulated from years and years.
Some was irreplaceable.
Some of it was junk.
All of it contained history.

I have an empty place underneath my floorboards,
and another one in my heart.

Life moves along.
I will accumulate and fill that empty place under my floorboards,
but what of the one in my heart?

2 Comments:

At 9/8/09, 3:52 PM , Blogger Heff said...

Hey - you know, shit CAN be washed off of stuff....

 
At 9/9/09, 10:51 PM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

Not when it sits for 2 weeks and is combined with the rotting meat of the freezer that oozed out as well.
My basement was a toxic waste site.

WHOO HOO!

 

Post a Comment

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here .....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to me?