l

April 25, 2010

Sunday .......

As I drove off, I looked in the side view mirror and watched you, like I always do when I drive away.
Smaller and smaller you become.
Further and further from where I long to be.
With your voice still in my head, I was burning.
I felt needy

I'm furious at the way we are always together but apart.
Our lives always pulling you from me, and me from you.
I live with the situation because with you, I feel adored.
You make feel like a Goddess.
Your Goddess.
You have no idea the power your words and your love have on me.
But, maybe soon, you will.
You see, i’m a thief.
I steal things ....
your kisses,
your heart,
your clothes.
I love slipping into things you’ve worn.
I become intoxicated catching that last lingering scent of you.
I breathe you in.
Deep.
Soon it will be gone and I’ll be waiting for you.
Like a junkie needing a fix.
You’re my fix.
I’m your addiction.
Maybe we’re just each other’s junkies/addictions?
I can never tell.
When i’m close enough to breathe you in, I cease to care about anything else.
But i'm not close now.
I drove away from you.
It's what I have to do.
So please, forgive my moments of being needy,
my moments of frustration.
But they happen.
At the end of the day, when it’s all said and done, i’m yours.
Your red headed Goddess/junkie.

As I drove off, I wished so very much that it wasn't Sunday.

6 Comments:

At 4/26/10, 5:54 AM , Blogger The Savage said...

I love when friends of mine love like this!

 
At 4/26/10, 7:42 AM , Blogger morningstar said...

i am so happy you have such a love in your life :)

Enjoy every minute of it. even the hurt / emptiness of the separation. It is what it's all about

morningstar

 
At 4/26/10, 12:59 PM , Blogger Heff said...

I'm sorry I got smaller ! That ALMOST NEVER happens to me, I promise !!!

 
At 4/26/10, 1:09 PM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

Sav: I don't know any other way.

Morningstar: I do enjoy my love ... every second and inch of him! lol

Heff: Well, it WAS chilly.
It happens.

 
At 4/27/10, 11:03 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

Heyyyyy, where's my comment??

Mr. Boxer and I were long distance for our first two years. It was rough and yet.... I think it taught us very early in the relationship that time together was precious and we rarely fought. (we made up for it, trust me.)
xoxoxo

 
At 4/30/10, 9:58 AM , Blogger Heff said...

POST !

 

Post a Comment

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here .....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to me?