l

June 15, 2009

eHarmony, an experiment

I have a new love.
I'm sure you didn't need me to tell y'all.
I've been kinda hinting around to it through some of my posts.

Subtlety is NOT one of my stronger points in case you hadn't figured it out.


I didn't find my love the traditional route.
No, it actually took eHarmony to help me with this one.
I know .... *Ugh*

Yeah yeah ... save it.
Just hear me out before you decide, ok?

After I moved back and got settled, I decided that it was time for me to date again.

I wanted adult male companionship.
I wanted real, adult conversation.
Aw hell, what I really wanted was an orgasm that was NOT
induced by me or BOB (battery operated boyfriend).
I did try a few traditional methods,
I chatted up everyone I met, looked up some old friends, etc. No luck.
So, back in October, I decided to fill out the form for eHarmony.

I had matches right away, as anyone who's ever used it will tell you, you get a lot of hits.
But, not all the compatibility lines match up.

Now, being the consumer savvy shopper that I am (broke), I waited till
they had free communication weekends before I would send a wink, or express interest.
They have them all the time, so I didn't have to wait long.

I hit the motherload!

I had 5 REALLY hot matches, and during the course of the weekend, I managed
to get through all the levels of "meeting" and have open communication.
Hell, 3 of them Fast Tracked, which means they by-passed all the Q&A bullshit
and went right to open communication.
Started emailing and chatting with all 5.
Eventually the 5 became 4.

After a couple phone calls, dates were set-up.
What you will read is a description of my dates from October 2008 to December 2008.

Let the games begin ......


To be continued.

2 Comments:

At 6/15/09, 12:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually met my ex-wife on one of those sites. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. The Rob Halford getup was Heff's idea at the last moment and I was not going to do any kind of vocals, hell I damn near did'nt know where I was.

 
At 6/15/09, 10:33 PM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

They ARE! LOL
Personally? I loved the Rob Halford getup .... and you dis such an awesome job! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here .....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to me?