l

December 11, 2009

Shop till you drop .....

As I stated in an earlier post, I am done with my Christmas shoplifting.
My son however?
Not so much.

Lil Man is at a sleepover tonight, so I decided that me and Boy Genius would venture out into the insane world that IS shopping 13 days before Christmas.
I should have stuck sharp things into my eyes.
It would have felt better.

I'm not a huge shopper to begin with, so Christmas shopping has always been a bit challenging for me.
I do most of mine via internet anymore.
I hate fighting the traffic ....
And the crowds .....
Standing in lines .....
It wears me down.

But, as I said, this evenings excursion was for Boy Genius, NOT ME.
I ask him where he wants to head to first, and he tells me, "Wal-Mart".
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
On a Friday night?
13 days before Christmas?
Fuck me.

2 1/2 hours and about $100 later, we emerge, triumphant!
Boy Genius has managed to find a gift for everyone on his list.
All at Wal-Mart.
No driving to Target, Toys-R-Us, or even worse .....
THE MALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOO HOOO!
Thank you Sam Walton!



13 shopping days left .........

2 Comments:

At 12/12/09, 12:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam Walton helped me find just the right stuff to "pimp Mom's ride" (her new rollator/walker). tassles, flame decals and a pink horn... sweet...

 
At 12/13/09, 1:24 PM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

Ahhh .... Walmart.
Did you get the skully with the pink bow too?

 

Post a Comment

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here .....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to me?