l

February 27, 2012

Nothing ventured ....

 ..... nothing ventured!
(can you name that movie?!)

Happy Monday evah'body!
I hope y'all had a happy, joyful and peaceful weekend.

Last week, the oh-so-mysterious Karl was the big winner of Haiku Monday.
As is customary, the winner now gets to choose the subject for the following week.
Karl choose venture.
Sweet hell!
I swear, these topics just keep getting more and more challenging!
Hmm .... Venture.
Definition:  "an undertaking involving uncertainty as to the outcome, especially a risky or dangerous one"

Alrighty then.
That makes it easier .... this is something I WILL do before I kick-it!

My entry for the week:




Thousands of feet high,
Strapped in jumpsuit. Ready ... JUMP!
Exhilarating!





So there you have it.
If you get a chance, head on over to Karl's place, grab a drink and have a read ... there's some major talent in this pool (I keep hoping it'll rub off).
Better yet, write one.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 2/27/12, 10:00 AM , Blogger morningstar said...

" better yet - write one"

Are you CRAZY girl????? write a haiku - hell no....... ain't gonna happen - it would ruin my rep as being a fair to middlin' writer...

But you keep it up... i am always impressed by your haikus..

 
At 2/27/12, 11:42 AM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

MORNINGSTAR: Impressed? Aww ... you're sweet.
Quite frankly, there are times when i'd rather untangle tax code! lol :)

 
At 2/27/12, 12:00 PM , Blogger moi said...

Great haiku! So, did you really JUMP!?! If so, you got cojones, girl.

 
At 2/27/12, 1:49 PM , Blogger Gnu Kid said...

I am so sorry,
But I do not do haikus.
A character flaw...

 
At 2/27/12, 2:42 PM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

MOI: I haven't .... YET! It's on my bucket list.
The closest i've come is bungee-jumping.
So NOT the same!

GNU:
I too am sorry,
You have monster potential.
Not a flaw; just is.

 
At 2/27/12, 6:16 PM , Blogger Karl said...

Good afternoon BlazgScarlet,

Good one, just remember. You don't need the jumpsuit to land. You do need the parachute. If you really wanna try something, go do it. You never know how far down the road the bucket is.

I've jumped out of a lot of airplanes. You couldn't get me to bungee jump. Too dangerous.

 
At 2/27/12, 7:01 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

WEEEEEEEE. Good for you. I have a very very healthy fear of heights. And high speeds. BUT! It's a great haiku. xoxo

 
At 2/27/12, 8:43 PM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

KARL: The parachute isn't attached to the jumpsuit??? Damn.
I hope to set up something for the summer. =)

BOXER: I'm just an adrenaline junkie at heart! =)

 
At 2/27/12, 9:57 PM , Anonymous daisyfae said...

of all the crazy shit i do? i would be incapable of jumping out of a plane. or bungee jumping. paralyzing fear of heights... and i'm learning to be ok with that!

but go for it! you'd rock the jumpsuit!

 
At 2/28/12, 9:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it time to beat my meat AGAIN????

 
At 2/28/12, 9:06 AM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

DAISYFAE: I think that part of living a happy, fulfilled life is being aware of our limitations ... and respecting them.
It's all good!

 
At 2/28/12, 9:40 PM , Blogger darkfoam said...

Wow! Wee is right. How exciting.

 

Post a Comment

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here .....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to me?