l

June 24, 2012

Moving on ....

I went to a graduation party yesterday.
Two actually.
The first was for The Boy's BFF.
They've been pretty much inseparable for the last 4 years.
He leaves for the Navy soon.
I think my son will be lost without him next year.

The second party was for my BFF's daughter .... The Boys' first real friend, boy or girl.
It seems like only yesterday Kritter (my BFF)ad I were taking the kids out to the Pumpkin Patch for Halloween pumpkins.
They used to play together on many a Friday and/or Saturday night as we adults were downstairs playing Scrabble, Pictionary or cards.
It was actually more of an excuse to sit around with good friends and talk about life, have a few cocktails and unwind from our hectic lives.
They were toddlers..
So young.
They're still young .....
But now they're getting ready to embark on a new chapter in their lives.
It's exciting .....
and sad.
It means i'm OLD.
I don't know when that happened.
I still feel like i'm 28!
(I plan to stay 28 forever BTW)   
                                                                                                                                                              

My own spawn is now officially a Senior.
*sniff*



.

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 6/24/12, 11:39 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

I just went to my nephew's graduation a few weeks ago. Where did the time go? Now he's working for me this summer and I found a photo taken of him sitting at my work desk when he was 2? and I was shocked. I don't feel any older and yet... here they are all growing up.

Let's both stay 28 together! :-)

 
At 6/24/12, 12:05 PM , Blogger Walker said...

They grow up fast but it's not you getting older. It's the stuff they put in the food and video games, they grow fast and learn more quicker ;)
Mine graduates next week.

 
At 6/25/12, 8:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will always feel young, my mom told me she still felt the same as when she was 17 when she was 74. xo

 
At 6/26/12, 5:54 PM , Anonymous daisyfae said...

goes by in a flash - and graduation season is a grand time to drive home how fast the time flies! good lookin' kid, there!

 

Post a Comment

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here .....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to me?