l

December 17, 2012

Where did the time go????

 It seems like only yesterday The Boy was toddling around.
Learning to ride a bike.
Playing baseball.
Fishing.

Doing all the cool things that little boys love to do.

Not too long ago, we went to Macy's Mens Store and bought him his very first real suit.
A beautiful black shadow stripe, slim-cut, fully lined wool suit.
He was a bit uncomfortable having all his measurements taken and a bit fidgety for all the pinning and tailoring.
But he managed to get through it.

He selected the tie .... a gorgeous silk in a shade of pink/raspberry that I was honestly quite surprised at.
Next was the shirt.
He choose a lovely amethyst colored shirt with pinstripes of black and silver.


I was quite stunned.



This past Saturday, he and his lovely girlfriend attended the Tinsel Ball at his high school.
I did my very best not to cry when I saw him.
My breath caught in my throat ....
I choked up.

He was no longer my baby .....
He was a man.

I blinked ....




Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 12/17/12, 6:05 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

awwww, what a handsome young man!

 
At 12/17/12, 10:46 PM , Anonymous daisyfae said...

first suit. then first car. job. fiance. wife.

poof!

so i have a suggestion - we should stop blinking? :-)

good lookin' young man!

 
At 12/20/12, 3:44 PM , Blogger Walker said...

I remember my first suit, my father had to move the bed to drag me out from under it.
I still think the same way about suits but he looks good in one.

 
At 12/23/12, 4:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Aye hen, they soon grow, they soon fly the nest. It doesn't make it any easier as both you and they get older.

 
At 12/26/12, 4:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daisyfae gave a good timeline...but she left off the event after wife... 'grandchildren'.

Yes they do seem to grow up in the blink of an eye.
Lovely couple, handsome son.

Joyce

 

Post a Comment

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here .....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to me?