l

April 1, 2014

Autism Awareness


















April is Autism Awareness month.
April 2nd is International Light It Up Blue day.
I know a whole bunch of people in the community don't necessarily buy into the
"Light It Up Blue" campaign.
They say it's more of a money grabber, and that the money collected doesn't even really go
into the community.
I don't deal with the community too much, but I know that the majority of money collected
for most causes doesn't really go to where it's needed.
However, I AM all about spreading awareness.
Especially since the numbers/odds have drastically changed.
It went from 1 in 110 in 2006, to 1 in 88 in 2008 to today ..... 
1 in 68 children diagnosed.
That's scary!

Little Man and I have had a rough couple years, but he continues to amaze, astound, frustrate and delight me. He's taught me so much!
He's my world.



Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 4/1/14, 9:41 PM , Anonymous daisyfae said...

1 in 68? Yeah... a bit more awareness certainly can't hurt. Here's to more delight, and less frustration, ahead!

 
At 4/2/14, 9:07 PM , Blogger Rafael said...

Spending money on people and projects to raise money and awareness brings in money charities would never see otherwise. Unfortunately, a few greedy fingers dipping in the cookie jar, ruin things for the many trying to fight the good fight.

Blessings to both you and the boy. Love is all accepting...we are who we are, inside and out; good or bad is immaterial.

 
At 4/3/14, 6:38 PM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

DAISYFAE: Alcohol helps with my moments of delight! ;) lol

RAFAEL: Exactly! :D

 
At 4/9/14, 2:26 PM , Blogger Doom said...

Hey, trying to drum up some business. No, not money business, haiku. Got a noob judge, an interesting open theme ("trouble", like any of us know about that! :p), and thought I'd advert for her. Give her a... serious contest in which to get her feet wet. So... I'm knocking on doors.

Her post is here

I know you are busy, but you've got this week. I'm trying to get her to stall until next Monday for judging, so...

 
At 4/10/14, 6:47 PM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

DOOM: Thanks for the invite! I'll stop in and what kind of "trouble" I can start! ;D

 
At 5/7/14, 8:05 PM , Blogger Karl said...

Good evening BlazngScarlet,

The contest is ending. Please stop by for a visit Haiku Monday: The Finale

 
At 12/23/16, 9:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The more you shall honor Me,
the more I shall bless you.
-the Infant Jesus of Prague
(<- Czech Republic, next to Russia)

trustNjesus, dear,
and wiseabove to Seventh-Heaven...
cuzz the other realm aint too cool.
God bless your indelible soul.

 
At 12/23/16, 9:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The more you shall honor Me,
the more I shall bless you.
-the Infant Jesus of Prague
(<- Czech Republic, next to Russia)

trustNjesus, dear,
and wiseabove to Seventh-Heaven...
cuzz the other realm aint too cool.
God bless your indelible soul.

 

Post a Comment

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here .....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to me?