l

June 2, 2013

Countdown ....

My son graduates from high school in three weeks
I'm excited for him.
And scared.
The world is a far different place than when I graduated.
A college degree doesn't guarantee fuckall.

Thankfully, he is going into a field that hasn't slowed down and doesn't really show any signs of slowing down.
Healthcare.
He wants to be a Physical Therapist.
He's already in his 2nd year of Personal Trainer, so when he graduates he can sit for his license and be a Certified Personal Trainer and work in a Gym or on his own while he's attending college.
He thought ahead about all this, which is more than I can say for myself.
I mean, I knew I wanted to go into healthcare, I just wasn't sure what I wanted to do exactly.
27 years since I left high school and I am NOT working in healthcare!  lol

Anywho, the countdown is on ... and I find myself increasingly torn.
One minute i'm excited, and the next i'm bawling my eyes out and then i'm mad as hell about every little thing he's doing (or not doing).
I have a graduation party for 3 (my niece and nephew are also graduating) to plan, buy for and execute,
It's the end of the school year and I have Dad to take care of, and well .....
yeah .....
I feel like i'm riding a psychotic horse into a burning barn!

On top of it all, it's JUNE.
The most dreaded of ALL months for me.

*sigh*
I feel like i'm whining and bitching, but if I don't write all this, I may have a nervous breakdown.
And I can't afford to have one of them.
I have too much shit to do.



Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 6/3/13, 12:36 PM , Blogger darkfoam said...

Congratulations on the graduation of your son! It is a momentous occasion. He seems to be a very mature young man to be planning ahead like that. I remember being completely clueless.
Anyway, don't worry about bitching. It's necessary to blow steam. You are sandwiched as a caregiver between two generations. I've been there. It's very stressful. Tanks for showing up at the foaming, btw .. :-)

 
At 6/3/13, 4:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

"I feel like i'm riding a psychotic horse into a burning barn!"

Probably the best line I have read in the last 10 years of blogging.

 
At 6/3/13, 7:32 PM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

FOAM: Thanks! I tried to stress upon him the importance of having some sort of plan. I guess he listened!

CHEF: Thank you kind sir! At work i'm pretty well known for my quirky sayings.

 
At 6/10/13, 10:54 PM , Anonymous daisyfae said...

you can do this, ms. fyre! deep breath! he's going to be ok! and you will throw a lovely party - even if some of the cups are mismatched, and you run out of napkins, there will be food, and joy and family! congrats on getting that baby bird to sprout some sturdy wings!

 

Post a Comment

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here .....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to me?