l

February 15, 2009

Remembering Mom ....

Today my sweet, beautiful Mother would have turned 66.
But she never saw past 36.
30 years she's been gone .....
Somedays I can't believe it's been that long.
Not a day has gone by in the last 30 years that she hasn't crossed my mind.
Maybe it's because i'm back living up here, or maybe because I turned 40 ... but this year I miss her more than I usually do.
I can't change what already is, and wishing it were different is just that .... wishful thinking.
I just wanted you to know Mom, that you were the center of my life. The time we spent, although brief, has filled my soul with precious memories of your love.
I celebrate the life you lived and the woman you were.

Happy Birthday Mom ..... I love you.

1 Comments:

At 2/16/09, 6:42 PM , Blogger fishy said...

I am sure I cannot actually imagine how difficult it is to not have your Mom. Mine is elderly and getting ever more withdrawn from us but I am ALWAYS so grateful she is still here. Every time I see her it takes my breath away. Today I got an e-mail with a picture of her with a great grandchild and I so wanted to hug her thru the screen.

It is LOVELY that 30 years later you are still writing tributes to your Mom and that you still miss her. With some things we just have to "move on" if we are ready or not. It takes a special person to be able to move on as required but to always bring Mom with you in spirit for 30 years is a tribute to the great person your Mom raised.

 

Post a Comment

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here .....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to me?