l

June 30, 2013

INDEPENDENCE!!!!!

“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.” 
― Charlotte BrontëJane Eyre


Welcome to Haiku Monday!
Our resident Southern Belle, Aunty Belle is our most gracious hostess this week.
In keeping with the upcoming holiday, Aunty has chosen Independence as the theme.

Independence takes on many forms .... from an oppressed people who band together to fight for their freedom, to a young woman striking out on her own for the first time.
I have chosen the latter to write about today.
My beautiful, smart, talented niece who leaves for college today.
She and I have shared many in-depth conversations and I consider it an honor that she feels comfortable
to come to me with anything and everything.
I will miss her terribly, but I know she will become more amazing and do incredible things!

So, here's to you Su-Z ......





















Tough,sweet girl of Fall, 
17 and resolute,
Wings unfurled, FLY!























“How wrong is it for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself?” 
― Anaïs Nin


Have a safe and awesome week y'all!


Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6/30/13, 6:21 PM , Blogger darkfoam said...

And may she soar!
Your boy too, btw .. :-)
xo

 

Post a Comment

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here .....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to me?